Dog Birthday Cake Recipe
Who says 4-legged babies can’t have their cake and eat it too? My pup is used to getting into sweets he’s not supposed to. After 2 emergency vet visits, 2 stomach pumps, and an x-ray he certainly looks like I am tricking him by placing this enticing creation at his feet…”Mom, I’m confused. You mean I can eat this?” This homemade dog cake is so easy to make that you’ll be making this for your fur baby again and again. Special occasion or not, this will be your go to dog friendly cake.
This cake is so easy and it’s grain-free! Perfect for any pup and easy on their digestive tract by going ‘against the grain.’ 🙂 Also, instead of making one healthy dog cake, you can split up the batter into mini muffin tins to have a single serving treat for your pups on hand. These make for great healthy homemade dog treats.
Grain-Free Doggie Cake
~ 1 small apple, diced
~ 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
~ 1 egg
~ 1/2 tsp. baking powder
~4 Tbsp. Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
~3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
~ Shredded carrots for the topping and small (grain-free) doggie treats to line the sides
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a small (7 ounce) ramekin dish and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine diced apple, peanut butter, egg and baking powder until well incorporated. Pour into greased dish and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Using a small hand mixer, beat yogurt and peanut butter until well incorporated and fluffy. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to frost.
4. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.
5. I used a Wilton 1M tip to frost the top of the cake. With a knife, I frosted the sides so that the dog treats had something to stick to. I finished this cake off with a sprinkling of shredded carrots… Now this is good enough to eat!
Adapted from this recipe.
He loved it! Happy 6th birthday, Tebow!
See you on the healthier side,