This dessert is the best thing you’ll put in your mouth this Fall season. Do you love peach cobbler as much as I do? Do you feel as guilty as I do after I finish a gooey helping…or two?! Well, today we are revamping this classic comfort dessert into a figure friendly, just as delicious, take on the classic peach cobbler. Roasted Peach Halves with an oatmeal topping make this the perfect dessert to help with portion control AND with the satisfying flavor and texture what we all know to love makes this dessert a hit! It’s a 5 minute prep and perfect for company or as an after dinner dessert. Enjoy!
Roasted Peach Halves with Oat Topping
3 ripe peaches, halved and pits removed
½ cups oats, divided
2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 Tbsp. brown sugar, optional
½ tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1 Tbsp. organic butter cold
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, NOT melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven-proof small skillet, lightly grease bottom of pan with coconut oil.
- Place peach halves cut side up in skillet.
- In a food processor, process ½ of the oats until it becomes oat flour.
- In a small bowl, mix oat flour, remaining ½ cup oats, sugar(s), cinnamon, and salt until incorporated.
- Chop the butter in tiny pieces before you mix it with the oat mixture, it will be easier to combine this way. Add butter pieces and coconut oil to the oat mixture and with a fork or two knives, cut the butter/coconut oil into the oat mixture until it is incorporated and resembles a coarse crumb mixture.
- Evenly place the coarse crumbs on top of each peach half.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Serve plain or with low fat ice cream. J Enjoy!
See you on the healthier side,